Ask the Expert Webinar: Promoting Mental Health Equity in Black Churches
WHEN: Thursday, July 15, 2021; 3 p.m. Central
REGISTRATION: Register Now
NAMI Ask the Expert welcomes Dr. Sidney Hankerson who will explore how expanding access to mental health care and supports through partnerships with faith-based organizations can promote mental health equity and integrate cultural preferences.
After the presentation, NAMI’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Ken Duckworth will moderate a Q&A session.
Sidney Hankerson, M.D., MBA, is Co-Director of the Columbia University Wellness Center and Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Dr. Hankerson is also a practicing psychiatrist at the Columbia-New York Presbyterian Federally Qualified Health Center in Harlem, N.Y. His NIH-funded research focuses on reducing racial/ethnic disparities in mental health treatment, with a particular focus on partnering with faith-based organizations.
Virtual NAMICon 2021
WHEN: July 27-28, 2021
REGISTRATION: Registration is now open.
The culmination of events over the past year has demonstrated, more than ever, that there is no health without mental health. Finding solutions to our nation’s mental health epidemic will require all of us uniting to help our communities heal and thrive.
And the time to unite is NOW. It’s time to ignite powerful conversations and time to connect at NAMICon, the annual national convention for NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Register now for Virtual NAMICon 2021, July 27–28, so you don’t miss:
- An incredible value* — NAMICon is only $10 for students and peers, $15 for NAMI members and $25 for non-members.
- A convenient, online experience — Your internet connection gives you access to our event no matter where you are.
- Plenary Speaker Joshua A. Gordon, M.D., Ph.D. — The Director of the National Institute of Mental Health returns to NAMICon to share an overview of the current challenges and opportunities in mental health.
- Programming built around five tracks — Timely and informative content focused on research, youth and young adults, mental health conditions, community support systems, and addressing mental health disparities.
- The largest community gathering of mental health advocates in the U.S. — Help bring greater awareness and solutions for people living with mental health conditions.
*Registration fees are non-refundable. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Jarling’s Custard Cup Fundraiser
WHEN: August 30, 2021
WHERE: Jarling’s Custard Cup, 309 W Kirby Ave, Champaign, IL 61820
Stop by Jarling’s Custard Cup and tell them you are there for the NAMI Champaign County (IL) Fundraiser. Tell your friends and neighbors too!
Strides Against Stigma Walk
WHEN: First week in October
Mental Health Education
NAMI Family-to-Family (F2F)
NAMI Family & Friends
NAMI Family Support Group
NAMI Online Support Groups
NAMI Champaign Board Meeting
WHEN: No July or August meeting. The next meeting will be September 13, 2021; 6:30-8 p.m. (2nd Monday of the month)
WHERE: OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center, Auditorium A and Auditorium B, 1400 W Park St, Urbana, IL 61801 (OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center is a stop serviced by the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District.)
NOTE: Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NAMI CC Board Meeting”; OSF is no longer screening visitors. The front door should be open and you can go to the room.
Board meetings are held the 2nd Monday of the month. Please email email@example.com with any questions. WE want your input.
All are welcome at the meeting.
Monthly Community Education Meeting
See the Events section above for Community Education Committee sponsored webinars and meetings.