Join NAMI Champaign
The National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI, is a grass-roots non-profit organization comprised entirely of volunteers from our community who care about those who are affected by mental illness. By joining NAMI Champaign, you become a member of NAMI National and NAMI Illinois as well.
Scroll down to learn how to make a donation.
The join button will take you NAMI National’s Join NAMI page. First you will need to create an account. After creating the account, login and follow the steps to become a member. When filling out your membership form, be sure to choose NAMI Champaign as as your affiliate. You can also mail a check directly to NAMI Champaign. The mailing address is listed below. Please include your name, address, phone number, and email address with the check.
The benefits of joining us include:
- Ongoing education programs for caregivers and persons with mental illness
- Monthly Community Education Meeting
- Monthly meetings with presentations on current topics of interest and services for persons with mental illness
- Learn from experienced family and friends who have “been there” in handling issues surrounding mental illness
- Receive our NAMI Champaign monthly e-newsletter on current events in our community
- Annual fee includes membership in NAMI National and NAMI Illinois
- Learn how to advocate for your loved one for services and support in Champaign County
- Become an active volunteer and meet others with similar interests concerning mental health
- Join us socially for our many NAMI events, such as the annual picnic, pot luck dinners, holiday party, walks, and much more…
- Meet people who have found hope and recovery in their lives
NAMI Champaign Membership Fees
$60.00 Family Membership
$5.00 Open Door / Peer / Low-Income Membership
Your donations help support our NAMI Educational programs with needed supplies and training. We also provide social and support groups to persons living in our community affected by mental illness. NAMI Champaign is a volunteer, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and your donations are tax deductible. If you would like to donate, you can donate via our PayPal page or send a check to the mailing address and note donation in the memo field. Thank you!
P. O. Box 3552
Champaign, IL 61826-3552
**”Due to a backlog at the Illinois Charitable Trust Bureau, NAMI Champaign does not currently show as a registered organization. We submitted the annual report and related fee in November and — as of 04/25/22 — are still in their queue to be processed. Our current registration with the state of Illinois can be confirmed by contacting the Attorney General’s office at (312) 814-2595 and providing our EIN (37-1137067). More information can be found at https://charitableviewer.ilag.
Thank you for your interest in NAMI Champaign,
NAMI Membership Committee